We do not take any responsibility for the following procedure - Please be fully aware that there is a (remote) chance you may destory your motherboard while flashing your BIOS. You perform the following with an understanding of the risks.
Epox's 4G4A+ based Intel 845G motherboard is one of the most popular Pentium 4 motherboards on the market today. When we reviewed it about three months ago we gave it 10 out of 10 and of course our Editor's Choice Award for an already awesome product. However users in our forums and others have been asking how we managed to obtain DDR333 support from the motherboard which sometimes ships with an older BIOS with DDR333 support, but many newer boards are only shipping with a DDR266 BIOS.
By popular request, we've written this short guide which includes the older BIOS which was used in our original 4G4A+ motherboard review offering unofficial DDR333 support. We've also included the Award flash program in the zip file as well as instructions (below) on how to obtain DDR333 from your Intel 845G motherboard.
First of all, download the zip file from our servers
Step 1 - Create bootable floppy disk, uncompress zip files content to disk
Step 2 - Reboot with PC with bootable floppy disk
Step 3 - At the command prompt type "AWDFLASH" then press enter
Step 4 - In source file field type "4g4a333.bin" then press enter
Step 5 - When promoted backup your original BIOS
Step 6 - Allow flash procedure, then reset when prompted
If done correctly you should now have DDR333 support from your Epox 4G4A+ motherboard which is ultimately going to mean a 3DMark increase of anywhere from 300 to 1000 marks. After your computer has rebooted enter the BIOS by pressing the delete button on the right hand side of your keyboard and enter Frequency / Voltage Control where you'll find the option to enable DDR333 memory operations, as shown in the picture below.
Everyone should thank Cameron "Sov" Johnson for this information. If you have any questions or comment, please post them in the Motherboards section of our forums!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tencent the first Chinese company worth over $500 billion
- 50 million Uber accounts hacked, Uber paid $100K to hide it
- NVIDIA still the leader of GPU market, even with Vega here
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ