ASUS Xonar Essence STX Headphone Amp Soundcard
Buy Now and Price - Various prices on PriceGrabber
First up is a product from ASUS, known as the Xonar Essence STX. This is a dedicated 'audiophile' card designed to provide the most impressive sound possible from a pair of headphones on a computer system.
Seen above, the product is truly impressive in every way. It uses the finest capacitors and in-house design features to implement a sledge hammer blow to the sound card world.
Unfortunately, I think the only ones remaining are shop stock, or whatever retailers have in inventory. Although it would be a real shame if ASUS had stopped running these off.
Expect to pay around $300 AUS for one of the remaining Essence cards.
Razer Megalodon USB Gaming Headset
Buy Now and Price - $149.99
I recently took a look at one very impressive headset indeed. This one comes from Razor who specialize in gaming gear.
What really makes this headset so special is the way it has been put together and the materials used which are of the highest quality, right down to the packaging.
The performance is also very impressive when listening to just about anything through this headset. It's simply one of the best performers I've tested and combined with the build quality it allows it to be selected here as 'strongest in class'.
The price is not too bad at all for the performance and overall quality, coming in at $150 USD from Newegg.
Sharkoon X-Tatic Digital 5.1 Headset
Buy Now and Price - Unlisted
Continuing on with another headset now, I could not pass the Sharkoon 5.1's by without a mention.
This headset comes with an impressive eight speaker drivers in total, four in each side of the headset to provide gamers with one hell of a surround experience.
Build quality is also good enough for me to recommend this system to serious gamers who want dedicated 5.1 in a headset.
Buy now and the price is going to be an issue for some, coming in at around $250 AUD for the second revision of the product available through Amazon.
Let's look forward now to another year of great audio products!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Shane's Holiday Picks - Video Cards and RAM]
- Page 3 [Cameron Wilmot's Holiday Picks - HD Media Player and Pen Drive]
- Page 4 [Chris' Holiday Picks - Storage]
- Page 5 [AJ's Holiday Picks - Gadgets]
- Page 6 [Ben's Holiday Picks - HTPC and HD Movies]
- Page 7 [James' Holiday Picks - Audio]
- Page 8 [Sean's Holiday Picks - Motherboards and Networking]
- Page 9 [Chad's Holiday Picks - Casing and Cooling]
- Page 10 [Simon's Holiday Pick - Gaming]
- Page 11 [Steve's Holidays Pick - External HDD]
- Page 12 [Cameron Johnson's Holiday Pick - X58 Motherboard]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Batman: Arkham developer to announce Superman game before E3
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Stardew Valley mod adds MEGA farm: unlimited online players
- Jagex will kill RuneScape Classic servers on August 6th
- Blizzard talks Overwatch 2, original game is their focus now
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit