NVmax is a significantly more powerful tool than Coolbits, so be careful and don't change things you don't know the purpose of. However, the key terms/options will be explained a little later, but I'll look at NVmax's overclocking first.
Overclocking with NVmax
There are a lot of other options in NVmax to fiddle with, but for now we will skip past them and focus on the Core/Memory overclocking part of the application. Once you have opened NVmax, go to the icon that looks like a pair of cogs, and select it. The first thing you will notice is the much larger range of frequencies NVmax offers. I can set my GeForce3 at 275/640MHz, which is obviously far past the limits of the card. Thus the extra frequencies NVmax offers are basically a waste of time, but I can set my card to around 510MHz memory, which is the maximum overclock obtainable without artifacts, and which was unattainable using Coolbits.
The overclocking with NVmax is just as easy as Coolbits. To change the speeds, simply move the slider corresponding to Core/Memory to the desired speed. A five second timer will then start, and if you have not clicked the mouse, the card frequencies will change to your setting. If you have moved the slider too far and can't get it to the right spot, clicking on the countdown message will reset to the previous value.
Another thing to note is the recommended frequency zone that NVmax gives. This is represented by a blue bar in the speed bars. You may as well ignore this, as my recommended memory speed is about 362-422MHz which is below and just above to the standard clock speed of the card. Unless you have a really low quality Ti200, you will easily be able to pass 422MHz on the memory. The same goes for the core recommendation, this time ranging from 145-188MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 2 [Common Questions]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 3 [My Video Card]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 4 [The BIOS]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 5 [NVmax and Coolbits]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 6 [Installing NVmax and Coolbits]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 7 [Overclocking with Coolbits]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 8 [Overclocking with NVmax]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 9 [The other NVmax options]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 10 [Cooling]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 11 [Problems]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 12 [Results]
- Video Card Overclocking Guide - Page 13 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Google tease MAJOR gaming announcement for March 19th
- Overwatch's new Paris map is now live on all platforms
- Huawei to unveil its next-gen P30 smartphone on March 26
- Apex Legends second patch arrives, fixes stability, crashes
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure