With processors rapidly evolving and therefore the requirements for more effective cooling solutions, a lot of you may be asking, 'Will there be a time when an air cooled heatsink will not be sufficient cooling for a processor?'. Well, as long as alternatives such as water cooling and peltier cooling remain expensive and difficult to install, air cooling will continue to be the preferable choice among most users for some time to come.
That said, as processors get faster and hotter, we will most likely see more heatsinks made out of better heat conductors, such as silver, because aluminium and maybe even copper may not be able to cope with the heat output of future processors and even chipsets.
In an ideal world, as processors evolve they should somehow generate less heat, thus allowing heatsink manufacturers to focus mainly on producing a cost effective, low noise computing solution. Thermal management is also a big issue for processor manufacturers during research and development. But, as they say in latin, 'Tempus Omnia Revelat' (time reveals all). So I guess we'll just have to sit back, wait and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 2 [Materials]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 3 [Design]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 4 [Manufacturing Methods]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 5 [Fans & Thermal Interface Material]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 6 [Testing the Theory]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard