With processors rapidly evolving and therefore the requirements for more effective cooling solutions, a lot of you may be asking, 'Will there be a time when an air cooled heatsink will not be sufficient cooling for a processor?'. Well, as long as alternatives such as water cooling and peltier cooling remain expensive and difficult to install, air cooling will continue to be the preferable choice among most users for some time to come.
That said, as processors get faster and hotter, we will most likely see more heatsinks made out of better heat conductors, such as silver, because aluminium and maybe even copper may not be able to cope with the heat output of future processors and even chipsets.
In an ideal world, as processors evolve they should somehow generate less heat, thus allowing heatsink manufacturers to focus mainly on producing a cost effective, low noise computing solution. Thermal management is also a big issue for processor manufacturers during research and development. But, as they say in latin, 'Tempus Omnia Revelat' (time reveals all). So I guess we'll just have to sit back, wait and see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 2 [Materials]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 3 [Design]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 4 [Manufacturing Methods]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 5 [Fans & Thermal Interface Material]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 6 [Testing the Theory]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intellivision's new $150 console has online store, new games
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct