Ed. note: This article was originally published in Atomic: Maximum Power Computing by Asher Moses.
Around three years ago, a chunk of aluminium with a small fan was all that was required to cool your processor. This was mainly because overclocking was not as popular or as easily done as it is today, and the heat older CPUs produced was also quite low.
Now three years later, much has changed. Overclocking has risen tremendously in popularity with whole publications devoted to teaching consumers how to squeeze as much performance out of their processors as possible. This obviously resulted in a demand for more effective heatsink designs to not only cater for the overclocking community, but just to cope with the heat produced by today's CPUs.
This in turn created a huge market niche, with new heatsinks popping up everyday, each with a unique and innovative design. While most of these heatsinks have been made out of either aluminium or copper, some companies have gone to extremes and produced heatsinks made out of silver and in some instances gold. With so many heatsinks available, it is tough to make a decision on which to purchase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 2 [Materials]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 3 [Design]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 4 [Manufacturing Methods]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 5 [Fans & Thermal Interface Material]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 6 [Testing the Theory]
- Heatsink Theory Guide - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ