Clicking on Install Windows XP takes you to this screen:
Here you will be asked whether to perform an upgrade or a full installation. I chose to upgrade since I am moving from Windows 2000 Professional. I imagine a full installation would entail rebooting and formatting your hard drive for a nice and clean install, albeit a longer one, but hey, you get out of your system what you put into it right?
During this part of setup, the installation program will probe your hardware to see what devices you have installed and see if it can find its own drivers for them. If not, you will be prompted with a beautiful yellow and black exclamation point next to your hardware after you complete setup; letting you know you need to get the latest XP drivers for that device. I needed sound card drivers for my Live! X-Gamer. It says in the box there that it is normal for your monitor to flicker on and off, and this will happen 98% of the time as it is checking to see the best way to set up your video card and monitor. After it is done with it's probing, you are taken to the next step; updating setup files.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series