Clicking on Install Windows XP takes you to this screen:
Here you will be asked whether to perform an upgrade or a full installation. I chose to upgrade since I am moving from Windows 2000 Professional. I imagine a full installation would entail rebooting and formatting your hard drive for a nice and clean install, albeit a longer one, but hey, you get out of your system what you put into it right?
During this part of setup, the installation program will probe your hardware to see what devices you have installed and see if it can find its own drivers for them. If not, you will be prompted with a beautiful yellow and black exclamation point next to your hardware after you complete setup; letting you know you need to get the latest XP drivers for that device. I needed sound card drivers for my Live! X-Gamer. It says in the box there that it is normal for your monitor to flicker on and off, and this will happen 98% of the time as it is checking to see the best way to set up your video card and monitor. After it is done with it's probing, you are taken to the next step; updating setup files.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam