Our Overclocked Intel Box
To give you a better idea on real world overclocking instead of examples, like we have provided all the way through this guide. We would like to tell (brag?) about our Intel test system here at TweakTown. While the system is not the fastest around and the most heavily overclock it still performs quite well.
The TweakTown Intel Box is based upon a MSI 815e Pro board with Mushkin PC150 CAS2 memory. The processor in this box is a FC-PGA Intel Pentium IIIe 700MHz clocked at 875MHz (7.0x125) rock stable - 25% overclock. The core voltage of this processor is 1.75v, .10 higher than the default of 1.65v. This processor is capable of doing 882MHz (7.0x126) but the system isn't stable and has a tendency to crash at that clock speed. Even at a core voltage of 1.85v, which you would think is more than enough power considering the Pentium IIIe 1.13GHz only uses 1.85v also. The ASUS GeForce2 GTS in the system is overclocked to 240MHz core clock and 385MHz memory clock.
Here is a quick summary of the current system specs which were used when we performed some 3DMark2000 testing...
CPU - Intel Pentium IIIe 700MHz @ 875MHz (7.0x125)
Motherboard - MSI 815e Pro MS-6337
RAM - 128mb Mushkin PC150 HSDRAM cas2
HDD - IBM Deskstar 13.2GB ATA100 7200RPM
Graphics Card - ASUS GeForce2 GTS 32mb DDR (240/385)
OS - Windows ME
Drivers - nVidia Det3 6.31
Using the above specs we were able to archive 6950 3DMarks, just short of the 7000 mark. I consider this great, as when my system is not overclock I only get around 5500 3DMarks!
With all this new found knowledge amongst your finger tips you just want to go and overclock your Intel processor don't you? Well, who could blame you, after all there is NOTHING better than a free upgrade in a tweaker's world, I believe. Just remember, if you do choose to overclock your processor that common sense and patience is needed, when determining which clock speeds your processor can handle take your time to do the testing and you will prevail in overclocking. Also remember that some computer stores may blatantly LIE to you saying that overclocking will not make a difference to the speed of your system. Well, they are just saying this to try and convince you to spend the extra dollars to get a processor which could easily be overclocked to the same speed, at a lower price. Oh and forget "burning in" your processor, all this "Burn In" garbage and hasn't made a difference with all my past experiences in overclocking Intel processors... I leave you with this, overclocking is not hard, it's an art.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 1
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 2
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 3
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 4
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 5
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 6
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 7
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 8
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 9
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 10
- Intel FSB Overclocking Guide - Page 11
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon Japan has $650+ Smash UItimate Amiibo set available
- Warframe makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, available now
- Overview trailer released for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Epic launch $1 million Winter Royale tournament for Fortnite
- Samsung Galaxy S10: 6.7-inch screen, 6 cameras, 5G tech
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6