Now, the crux of a good water-cooling setup is having a case to put it in. I have my trusty GIGABYTE Aurora case which has plenty of bays as well as mounts on the rear for 2x120mm fans. But most importantly, it has a side window so I can show off the water-cooled beauty when it's complete.
Now it's time to start connecting it all up.
Mount the CPU in the motherboard and apply thermal gunk. I recommend a decent silver based compound as opposed to ceramic white gunk for better performance.
Then assemble the rear bracket according to instructions. Make sure you have the foam sandwich in between the metal bracket and the isolation layer; we wouldn't want any nasty shorts on the board!
Mount through the motherboard holes and seat your CPU water block on top. If you have the luxury of orientation that socket 775 allows for, then try to ensure that the block doesn't interfere with any surrounding components.
Slip on the plastic rings and then tighten each side down with equal force so that the CPU block is seated firmly, but not over tightened. Each screw should protrude the same amount from the top of each nut.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Liquid Refreshment]
- Page 2 [The Baby Maker]
- Page 3 [NOT Mountain Dew]
- Page 4 [Shiny Things]
- Page 5 [Fit, damn you! FIT!]
- Page 6 [A series of tubes... literally]
- Page 7 [Bring it all together now]
- Page 8 [Testing 123]
- Page 9 [Final Words]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit