Guide to Buying Blu-rays from Overseas - Wrap-up
For importing Blu-ray releases, I frequently use DVD Pacific. They offer a great range of discs at very good pricing and well priced postage, including FedEx and DHL, which can be tracked online. Also, unlike Amazon, they are very honest with what they have in stock. That is, if it says 'In Stock' - it's ready to go. I have been burned a few times by Amazon claiming this. Their website is fairly basic, and their database is very unforgiving for spelling mistakes or other title variations. But with a bit of perseverance, you can always get what you want.
I also sometimes use Amazon which are often well priced (especially for pre-orders), but you will get stung on postage, which is annoyingly not trackable either.
One more site, which is unfortunately closing down very soon is XPloited Cinema. They offer a great range of imported discs and have very good customer service. I believe at this stage they are running out their inventory of discs, so stocks are limited.
Whilst Blu-ray region coding is annoying, it's far better than DVD region coding ever was. There are only a handful of titles that I cannot currently import because of region coding, and most are scheduled for release either locally or in Europe anyway. I do look forward to a time when we won't have to worry about region coding, like we now do not with DVD, but for now we just have to check our sources before we import that title we've been awaiting for.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Guide to Buying Blu-rays from Overseas]
- Page 2 [Guide to Buying Blu-rays from Overseas - Cont.]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower