Once your PS3 has re-booted into the other OS, you will see an MS-DOS style console waiting for you at Kboot:. Either wait, or press enter to continue installation of Linux.
After some text rolls across the screen for a bit, you will eventually be dumped into the graphical installer; this bizarrely named Anaconda.
NB: Please note that if you do not have a TV/Monitor hooked up in hi-definition, you will have problems from this point on! YDL demands a minimum of 720p resolution, and rightly so because Linux on standard definition is just plain pants!
The first thing to do in the installation is select your language. I'll be doing this install in English because as a Brit I speak two languages; English, and LOUD ENGLISH...
When you reach the HDD settings, just leave it as default which should be "format all partitions". After that, confirm everything and click continue. This will take some time so I suggest you go make a cup of tea.
Boil freshly drawn water from tap or bottled source, then place tea into pot (I prefer loose tea, but bags are acceptable).
Pour boiled water into teapot and add milk to cup. Once tea has steeped enough to reach a rich dark orange colour, pour into cup with milk.
You can add sugar to taste, but I like to tell myself "I'm sweet enough already".
By the time you have finished your cup of tea you will notice that that installation is probably only half way done, so pour another cup and maybe get some biscuits this time as well.
Finally! The installation has finished and you can remove the ejected DVD and click re-start. The system will go through the motions of restarting and you will be dropped back into the console with "Kboot:"
Press Enter or wait, your choice.
You will be presented with a setup screen on first boot that allows you to configure a few options. Read the EULA and accept, then set the date and time. The next step is to setup a user, then do a sound test and finish.
You are now at the log-in screen! Palms sweaty with anticipation; enter your user name and password that you just specified before.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ