High-end PC - Outside Parts (Case, LCD, Speakers, Keyboard and Mouse)
- Computer Case Selection
Now that we have chosen all of the parts to go inside the system, it's time to find a good case which will give them a home.
Again there is a great magnitude of computer cases on the market but again we are recommending a product which we actually use and find to be a good product. I've personally be a long time fan of Lian Li computer cases but once Gigabyte sent me their new 3D Aurora tower case, I found a new love in the casing department.
While it not only looks good and isn't crazy expensive, it is stacked with features that overclockers and case modders will enjoy. There is a stack of room inside the case, which makes it easier to work with when installing your components. It was also designed with water cooling users in mind, which is great if you want to go down that road later on.
- LCD Monitor Selection
Throughout this guide we've tried using components which we know will work well together and parts that editors at TweakTown actually use and recommend. The Dell UltraSharp 24" is the first LCD monitor I have ever used and it is lovely - the price is not too bad either. Offering a 6ms response time, plenty of input connections (only misses out on HDMI really) and maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200, it is a brilliant monitor for a gaming PC!
While we would love to recommend the 30" version of the monitor, which is simply stunning and drawl-worthy, it is very expensive and will end up making the complete system much more expensive at the end of the day.
- Speaker Selection
Logitech have come out of nowhere over the past few years and have come leaps and bounds ahead with their range of computer related products. Several of our editors at TweakTown use the Logitech Z-5500 speaker system for their gaming systems and HTPC and it's a great choice, indeed.
Besides being visually pleasing to the eye, sound quality is quite good for the price, producing around 70 watts RMS which is fine for a gaming PC. You can really pump up the volume (without any distortion) and get into the action but make sure you live in a place where the neighbors aren't too close or you may find yourself getting into arguments with them about noise complaints (speaking from experience!) Equally, make sure you get wife or girlfriend approval before hand.
- Keyboard and Mouse Selection
As we move onto the keyboard and mouse, there really is only one choice - Logitech!
As for the keyboard, we are picking the G15 as it is simply the best gaming keyboard that money can buy. Since we haven't actually used this product, we'll let Logitech do the talking here: "The Logitech G15 keyboard offers gamers an unprecedented level of in-game information, programmability and control. Its adjustable-tilt, backlit LCD display shows you crucial information during game play, and lets you set timers to keep track of game events. The 18 programmable G Keys allow you to execute macroslike casting spells in World of Warcraftwith a single button press, and the backlit keys are great for lights-out play. The G15 also features a switch that turns off the 'Windows' key, so hitting that button accidentally won't end your game. The Logitech G15 keyboard is completely customizable to help you play better. Try it and you'll never go back to a standard keyboard." Simply the best!
Logitech keep making our job easier. When it comes to gaming mice, the best of the best comes from Logitech in the G5 mouse. Many of our editors have been using this mouse for quite some time now and we find it to be the best for not just gaming but general use in your OS.
Again Logitech have designed this product with the PC gamer in mind with the ability to adjust the weight and balance as well as providing extreme accuracy using a 2000 dpi laser that sends 500 USB reports per second. Need we say anymore?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Inside Parts (CPU, Mobo, RAM and VGA)]
- Page 3 [Inside Parts (PSU, Storage and Sound Card)]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced