FIFA Soccer 10 Multi-Platform Review - Continued
It is clear that the development team is full of football fans from the small nuances they have added this year. First of all, running into a player at speed off the ball now draws a foul (as in the real game) and so physically playing is not the best way to win anymore. There have also been improvements in the way that the referee system works. Significant development has obviously been spent on the advantage rule and how its applied and assistant referees no longer flag for fouls which are miles away from them. Being a football referee myself, it's nice to see that EA put such effort into replicating the way real world FIFA referees work. It is clear that this is a strong indication of the close knit relationship between EA and FIFA.
Other than that, FIFA has the usual exhibition modes and tournaments. The meat and potatoes of the game does remain the manager mode where you take a team on and have to manage transfers, board expectations and injuries to take your team to the highest peak. One slight against the game (and to be honest, it has to be like this) is that taking on a small team such as Burnley in the English Premier League, it is unlikely that you will reach European glory and cup glory just because of the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal having such good players (just like in the real world). Perhaps in FIFA 11 EA can introduce an option where you can randomize the success of each team and not have big teams dominate you.
Visually FIFA hasn't changed much in the last 12 months aside from the aforementioned animations, but this is not a major problem as the game did look pretty good already. While it can be said that father time is catching up with the series a little and FIFA 11 needs an overhaul, when the gameplay remains this good it is hard to have a chip at the graphics too much. The audio is well done with clearly audible 'pass it to me' and 'man on' calls from players as well as some of the best commentary you will ever hear in a video game. For those in non-English speaking countries, a whole bunch of commentary in languages is included as well.
FIFA 10 builds on the success of FIFA 09 and comes up with one of the best football games ever made. There have been slight changes to the engine, but the most significant improvement is 360 dribbling which will no doubt change the way people view football games forever. It remains to be seen whether this tops the overhauled PES 2010, but if you just can't wait then FIFA 10 provides some of the best football action around and comes highly recommended.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- Terminal Reality sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Twitch adds new way to spend virtual bits currency
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit