A Russian truck towing a ZIS-2 anti-tank gun appears on the scene. The third task is to unhook the gun, set it up into firing position, and take out the two German tanks slowly advancing towards the position. Since this is a training scenario, the German tankers are blind and deaf and do not engage the Russian gun.
Left-clicking on the truck to select it, we issue a "Stop" command, followed by "Unhook" and "Dismount", all done by clicking on the respective buttons in the commands interface.
The passengers jump out of the truck. Selecting "Dismount" once more would also make the truck driver leave the vehicle. But we don't want that - he needs to drive the truck away
By double-clicking on the teamleader, all three crewmembers are highlighted, and a right-click on the now detached gun makes the crew man the gun. The gun icon goes from grey to green, to indicate that it is now an active unit.
Selecting the gun and clicking on the Rotate button, orders the crew to face forward towards the approaching German tanks.
It takes a few seconds to swivel and set up the gun into the firing position, then load a first armor-piercing shell... and only barely longer before the first shots from the gun disable the tank. Flames burst from the vehicle.
The crew from the second tank panics, and dismounts before the gun crew can even take on shot. Even though this is a scripted event in the training mission since the next task will involve capturing the tank, panic and morale of each individual soldier are tracked in detail based on a myriad of factors (e.g. proximity to friendly units, seeing friendly units get killed etc.), so it is a situation which could be seen in the game just as well.
With the first half of task three completed (which was to disable the German tank), a two man team appears on the scene. Their goal is to capture the now unmanned but otherwise intact tank, and use it later against another German unit, which is not yet visible.
But before rushing to enter the tank, we take a few potshots at the fleeing German tankers. No mercy!
Boarding the tank is again done in exactly the same way as manning a gun or MG. Select the soldiers and right-click on the vehicle. If it is an active enemy vehicle, the cursor will switch to a targetting icon, indicating that you can engage the target. But if it is an inactive (but not disabled) vehicle (friendly or enemy),the cursors indicates that you may capture the unit.
Doing so is possible at any time and with any man on the battlefield, but it might not always make sense. First of all, you need a soldier with a high enough skill (e.g. driving, marksmanship or gunner) to use an enemy weapon at all, and even higher skill to do it effectively. Secondly, while you can use the vehicle during an ongoing battle, you cannot later reuse it for other battles (it gets automatically removed from your unit roster betweeen missions later on), so trying to capture enemy equipment while
risking your core units is rarely a good idea.
Ready to move out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Theatre of War Walkthrough 1 Page 1
- Theatre of War Walkthrough 1 Page 2
- Theatre of War Walkthrough 1 Page 3
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard