Case & Power Supply Editor and News Reporter
shannonrobb at tweaktown dot com
I started my PC journey around the age of six in 1989. The 286 had been out for several years at this point, but I started with something far more troublesome to cut my teeth in engineering. I disassembled and desoldered old IBM XT machines to resolder crystals to push clock frequencies by fractions of a megahertz. Then came the 486 shortly after and the inevitable climb of technology through the years.
Now to present day, I have established myself in the overclocking world and even the XOC scene spending many years pushing hardware on LN2 to find the far edge limits of all new and even old platforms I can get my hands on. I have also worked with design and R&D on various components including PC chassis to optimize the layout and performance for enthusiasts like myself. I have a long history of reviewing for sites such as Bjorn3D which is where I had my start in journalism, and even freelance writing many times over my career. I now write as a staff editor for TweakTown and host my own tech YouTube Channel Bare-Metal Tech. I hope my knowledge can help inform pc enthusiasts and even those who are just getting into the PC hobby so that they can make more informed purchasing decisions for their components.
Shannon Robb has written 30 pieces of content on TweakTown, they are listed below:
- Ready Player One? New haptic 'suit' is a sign of the future
- Fractal Design ION+ 860P Power Supply Review
- WD/Toshiba Yokkaichi NAND production back to normal capacity
- No, CRYORIG is not dead, but the trade war may kill it
- Huawei set to launch Hongmeng OS for mobile with Mate 30
- Apple iPhone to have in-display fingerprint sensor by 2021?
- Toshiba Memory introduces new speedy SLC XL-Flash
- Is VirtualLink Dead? Valve's recent cancellation may say so
- EK offering price/performance focused starter cooling kits
- EK releases the EK-Leak Tester, keeps your hardware dry
- Microsoft confirms some users are stuck in Windows 10 S mode
- G.SKILL releases optimized DDR4-3800 CL14 memory kit for AMD
- They still update this? NVIDIA SHIELD TV gets Android P
- New Ryzen 3000 PRO Zen 2 CPUs leaked by EEC, launching soon?
- AMD responds to Destiny 2 woes with new Ryzen 3000 driver
- Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Userbenchmark adjusting CPU 'rankings', pandering to Intel?
- New Apple MacBook Pro rumored to start at around $3000
- New NVIDIA Shield TV game console spotted in FCC filing
- TEAMGROUP announces new T-FORCE CAPTAIN RGB control box
- TEAMGROUP introduces the T-FORCE CARDEA liquid cooled SSD
- Enermax Equilence Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- NZXT H510 Elite Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- NZXT H210i Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2 Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Lian Li Lancool One Digital Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- SilverStone Primera SST-PM02B-G Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Aerocool Cylon Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Cougar Panzer G Mid-Tower Chassis Review