Using ATI Tool, it was time to see what both Gigabyte graphics cards were capable of doing when it came to Overclocking.
With a default core and memory speed of 575/1380MHz DDR on the Radeon X1950PRO, we got a nice bump on the core to 654MHz but the memory only jumped to 1420MHz DDR.
The GeForce 7900GS on the other hand with its default clock speed of 525/1440MHz DDR got a healthy bump on both the core and memory. The core achieved a healthy 682MHz and the memory achieved an even healthier 1790MHz DDR which takes the speed well above what the Radeon X1950PRO is offering when we start talking about overclocking.
While we saw the GeForce 7900GS lag behind slightly in our default run, when it came to overclocking the huge jump that was achieved from the 7900GS propelled it well and truly into the lead.
We again see the huge overclock from the 7900GS make it stand out from the pack.
Finally we leave with PREY and while the Radeon X1950PRO gave us a weird result with a slight drop, the GeForce 7900GS continues to show its dominance when we overclocked the cards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Radeon X1950PRO]
- Page 3 [GeForce 7900GS TurboForce]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard