This now concludes our roundup of the Intel P965 motherboards currently on the market. We plan to bring you more boards as they come available, however, this is our last big roundup and the rest will be usual individual reviews.
Today we saw that the Gigabyte really knows how to kick come serious butt when it comes to making high-end boards - no longer a name to be avoided, Gigabyte really has put itself on the market, even against ASUS, one of the biggest names in the business. The DQ6 has more features, a higher overclocking rate and costs around the same as the P5B Deluxe, for your dollar the DQ6 is worth its weight in gold.
The DS3 on the other hand is extremely powerful mid-range board with a more attractive price tag. Its overclocking is extremely good for a board in its price bracket. Its features are above average, however, the removal of two of the ICH8 supporting SATA ports is a mystery - why not use what's included in the chipset?
ABIT's board while good does have a few drawbacks. Its placement of connectors is pretty weak for the IDE and two additional SATA ports. Its overclocking for a board of its price range isn't fantastic considering ABIT prides itself on overclocking.
Since the Biostar motherboard is our first board from them, we can't really criticize too hard as we haven't been able to test many of their boards, but hope to in the future. While the overclocking wasn't as good as we had hoped, it wasn't the worst board on the market. Its expansion ports are good and for its price you could do a lot worse.
We hope you enjoyed our Part 2 roundup of the P965 chipset and trust that it will assist you in choosing the right motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Gigabyte P965-DS3]
- Page 3 [ABIT AB9 Pro]
- Page 4 [Biostar T Force P965 Deluxe]
- Page 5 [Gigabyte P965-DQ6]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking - Gigabyte P965-DQ3]
- Page 7 [BIOS and Overclocking - ABIT AB9 Pro]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking - Biostar T Force]
- Page 9 [BIOS and Overclocking - Gigabyte 965P-DQ6]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz