Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (Supplied by Intel)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1066 Corsair (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk: 500GB Seagate 7200.9 SATA (Supplied by Seagate Australia)
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 7800GT
Cooling: Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP2
Drivers: Intel INF 184.108.40.2061, nVidia ForceWare 91.31 and DX9c
We included the results from our Part 1 review for your reference. We kept the CPU's as close to our stock speed to test out how well the memory and FSB overclocks affect system performance overall.
The Gigabyte DS3 ran a multiplier of 7x when overclocked as did the ABIT, Biostar boards. The DQ6 ran a multiplier of 6x when overclocked since the obtainable FSB was much higher than all of the other boards in Part 1 and Part 2.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we don't have enough time to tweak the motherboard to the maximum and find the highest possible FSB as this could take days to properly find. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released or "burn in" time might come into play if you believe in that.
Version and / or Patch Used: 2007
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
At stock speeds all of the boards are pretty close, with Gigabyte DQ6 just a tiny bit in front. When overclocking starts, the Gigabyte DQ6 manages to take a convincing lead with an extremely high FSB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Gigabyte P965-DS3]
- Page 3 [ABIT AB9 Pro]
- Page 4 [Biostar T Force P965 Deluxe]
- Page 5 [Gigabyte P965-DQ6]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking - Gigabyte P965-DQ3]
- Page 7 [BIOS and Overclocking - ABIT AB9 Pro]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking - Biostar T Force]
- Page 9 [BIOS and Overclocking - Gigabyte 965P-DQ6]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 launch trailer shows renegade thievery
- ZeniMax Online making new MMORPG
- Ninja Theory may be making live service game
- Diablo 4 probably won't be revealed at BlizzCon 2018
- Pornhub traffic hardens when YouTube went limp during crash
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam