Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3150MHz (350MHz FSB with 1:1 memory)
Motherboard(s): ASUS P5B Deluxe (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB G.Skill HZ PC8000 @ 350MHz 4-4-4-12 (Supplied by Bronet)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA 2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia ForceWare 96.97 (Testing Driver) and ATI Catalyst 6.10
Continuing with out new ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard installed we will have a look at how both the GTX and GTS compare to each other along with how the compare to the current ATI top dog, the Radeon X1950XTX and the previous generation top dog from nVidia, the dual GPU wielding GeForce 7950GX2.
So how much performance differences will there be between the new GTS and GTX? The price difference is quite significant with the GTX costing around $150 USD (roughly $200 AUD) more than the GTS, so we imagine (or hope) there will be equally significant performance increases on the top dog.
Let's get started and find out. We've also added the Company of Heroes demo to expand our coverage of benchmarking tests.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 120
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
With our first benchmark we can see that the GTX offers a very large performance increase over the GTS in our first synthetic test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Differences]
- Page 3 [XFX Packaging]
- Page 4 [XFX Cards]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PREY]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Company of Heroes]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Strong sales cement Anthem in EA's playbook
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today