GeCube X1600 Pro
The next card in our HDMI-compliant round-up is the GeCube X1600 Pro.
Sporting an ATI RADEON X1600 VPU, 256MB DDR2 graphics memory (512MB HyperMemory) and also CrossFire-ready, it's a beefier contender than the X1300, offering a better gaming experience. It also has a bigger heatsink to cope with the extra grunt, although it too doesn't require extra power.
Unlike the other two cards in our review, this particular unit doesn't have a HDMI interface. Instead, GeCube have enabled HDCP on the card for HD-DVD and Blu-ray compliance, capable of being transmitted over the DVI interfaces, and a DVI-to-HDMI dongle to connect the card to an HDMI input - up to 1080i.
So it's a bit inaccurate to describe this unit as an HDMI media card - it's really an HDCP gaming card with HDMI capabilities. Because it doesn't have a HDMI interface, it can't handle HDMI video and audio streams - only video. It's also a standard rise card with an S-Video/HDTV interface and two DVI interfaces. Useful for connecting the system to a TV and monitor, for example.
The card comes bundled with the DVI-to-HDMI adaptor, DVI-to-RGB adaptor, HDTV cable, S-Video-to-S-Video/Video cable, HDMI-to-HDMI cable, user manual and driver CD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- ARK on Xbox One X: renders at 1440p 30FPS or 1080p 60FPS
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz