The Cards - GeCube X1300XT
While initially we thought we had on our hands the X1300XT Platinum from GeCube, a bit more research found we had the model just underneath it. GeCube offer four variants of the X1300XT - the standard DDR-2 model, a DDR-3 128MB and 256MB (which we have) and a Platinum version with 256MB of DDR-3 memory and a higher core clock speed.
Having a quick look at the box there isn't too much to get excited about. Being a lower end card, the box is smaller then our standard mid-range and upwards models. The front lets us know that 256MB of DDR3 is included along with a few other key technologies.
Turning the box over there is a bit more detail on the specification of the card along with a diagram on how to make use of the connectivity on offer from the card. Chances are that you're not going to be having a look at it so let's open here up and see what we have inside.
GeCube are typically a pretty budget card, this is done by keeping the extras to a minimum and once we open the box up we see this is as true as usual. There is a user manual, DVI to VGA converter and S-Video to S-Video and RCA cable.
Moving on to the card itself we can clearly see that the cooler looks pretty stylish. Being quite a large cooler, it does cover a majority of the card and doesn't let us see a whole lot. You will notice that there is no extra PCI Express power connector for the card at the rear.
The back of the card simply has a plate to hold the heatsink fan in place and all your normal array of circuitry. All 256MB of the DDR-3 memory is located on the front of the card and hidden under the larger cooler.
Finally moving to the I/O side of things we see a couple DVI ports and an S-Video port. This makes it a great little card for people wanting to use two good quality LCD screens but not purchase some expensive, such as monitors which require Dual Link slots.
The standard DDR-2 X1300XT from GeCube carries a 500MHz core clock speed although the DDR-3 model we are testing comes with a slightly increased 550MHz core and the DDR-3 memory is clock speed at 1360MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media