Foxconn is more of a company we think of for connectors - in fact, Foxconn has made all of the CPU interface connectors, PCI and PCI Express connectors and AGP connectors that have been placed on our boards for some time.
Now they are into building their own boards and this one we have with us here today is definitely a good contender. Placement of the 24-pin power, IDE and FDD are all on the right hand side of the board behind the DIMM sockets, only the 8 pin power is in a slightly off beat spot between the CPU socket and rear I/O.
The CPU is powered by a 3 phase voltage regulation system. There are no bells or whistles to the cooling of these, as there is none. The layout though is very clean so installing large heatsinks is not going to be a problem.
The rear I/O has all the ports you would expect including Parallel and Serial. Foxconn is also on the e.SATA bandwagon and while we haven't seen any enclosures that support e.SATA, it's nice to know these boards support it for when they eventually arrive on shop shelves.
Foxconn equips its board with a single PCI Express x16 slot for graphics (unfortunately skipping out ATI Crossfire support in the process), a PCI Express x1 slot, PCI Express x4 slot and 3 PCI slots. For add-ons there is the VIA Firewire controller and JMicron chip to control the IDE port.
As far as features go, it is quite a modest motherboard but let's see how it goes when it comes to performance and overclocking a little later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market