Foxconn is more of a company we think of for connectors - in fact, Foxconn has made all of the CPU interface connectors, PCI and PCI Express connectors and AGP connectors that have been placed on our boards for some time.
Now they are into building their own boards and this one we have with us here today is definitely a good contender. Placement of the 24-pin power, IDE and FDD are all on the right hand side of the board behind the DIMM sockets, only the 8 pin power is in a slightly off beat spot between the CPU socket and rear I/O.
The CPU is powered by a 3 phase voltage regulation system. There are no bells or whistles to the cooling of these, as there is none. The layout though is very clean so installing large heatsinks is not going to be a problem.
The rear I/O has all the ports you would expect including Parallel and Serial. Foxconn is also on the e.SATA bandwagon and while we haven't seen any enclosures that support e.SATA, it's nice to know these boards support it for when they eventually arrive on shop shelves.
Foxconn equips its board with a single PCI Express x16 slot for graphics (unfortunately skipping out ATI Crossfire support in the process), a PCI Express x1 slot, PCI Express x4 slot and 3 PCI slots. For add-ons there is the VIA Firewire controller and JMicron chip to control the IDE port.
As far as features go, it is quite a modest motherboard but let's see how it goes when it comes to performance and overclocking a little later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions