The Boards - MSI 975X Platinum PowerUp
Now it's onto our next contender, MSI and their Platinum PowerUp Edition. MSI also uses the full size ATX 30x30cm but uses its black PCB that MSI tends to use for their high-end boards - in fact, this board is almost identical to the 975X Platinum standard in terms of layout. The 24-pin power connector, 2 IDE and FDD connectors are located behind the DIMM sockets. The new 8-pin EPS12V connector is located between the CPU socket and the rear I/O panel. Not the best place for it.
MSI falls behind DFI in the power features for the CPU; DFI gives you 6 phase but MSI only uses a 4 phase. While 4 is enough, more is better for a stable CPU when overclocking.
The rear I/O panel of the MSI board is identical to all the latest MSI power boards out there, so not really worth going through it all again.
Lastly here we have the expansion slots and the extra features not native to the chipset. There are a couple PCI Express x16 slots for Crossfire, 2 PCI Express x1 and 2 PCI slot. Extra features include an extra IDE slot thanks to the JMicron PCI Express RAID controller. This controller also runs an extra blue SATA port at the bottom of the board. VIA's Firewire chip also makes a return to this board and Intel's Tacoma network controller also make its appearance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit