We said it before and we will say it again - Intel Core 2 rocks - and now with new motherboards coming out from the Taiwanese folk, we are starting to see extra features and good overclocking options.
In fact, if you don't have good overclocking Core 2 motherboard, you aren't going to last since Conroe is very overclockable and loves the extra speed boost.
DFI has done a fantastic job on their 975X Infinity product - its features, layout and more importantly overclocking are some of the best we have seen from any 975x motherboard so far and its price is extremely competitive coming in cheaper than other Conroe supporting boards.
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
MSI on the other hand, while putting out a flashy board with plenty of good features, its overclocking wasn't as good as DFI and required more voltages which resulted in fewer MHz. It just doesn't seem as robust or overclocker friendly as the DFI motherboard - sure, upcoming BIOSes maybe result in higher overclocking but we can only test with what is available to us at the time.
MSI pricing is also competitive coming in at around the same price as the DFI motherboard (which does help keep its rating high) but in our books, since overclocking is the key ingredient of any good Conroe motherboard these days, the DFI motherboard is the better buy in our opinion.
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 launch nearly didn't happen
- Thieves rob van full of Total War: Warhammer 2 CE's
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- Permanent Fix for Beebox Wifi Design Flaws
- ASUS H97-Plus Various Boot Issues
- Transcend StoreJet 25C3N 1TB Portable HDD Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower