Overall we can clearly see that there are big gains at the lower resolution - there are also still gains at the higher resolution. The good news for our readers though is that now when we are benchmarking graphics cards like the Radeon X1950XTX in Crossfire mode at 1600 x 1200, we are able to see the full performance, instead of hitting a brick wall, like we found ourselves doing on our older AMD test system.
I was personally very excited about the chance to finally move to Core 2 Duo as the X2 processor is clearly out dated now. It is clear why so many people have moved from AMD setups and jumped on the Intel bandwagon. What you have to remember is the kind of tweaking we have done is just very basic - a bit of voltage here and there and a bump in FSB and we have been able to achieve a 1GHz overclock very quick and with very little effort. People wanting to put more time into the setup of their system will see speeds in excess of 400MHz FSB without too much effort at all.
No doubt when we get new BIOSes form DFI we will try and delve further into CPU overclocking but what was achievable today can be done by anyone who has a basic knowledge of working their way around the BIOS.
We have seen our brand new Intel Core 2 Duo test system strut its stuff now in a few previous articles and we have been pleased with what it has to offer.
Keep your eyes open for more articles making full use of our new VGA test bed here at TweakTown!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Core Component Choices and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit