Overall we can clearly see that there are big gains at the lower resolution - there are also still gains at the higher resolution. The good news for our readers though is that now when we are benchmarking graphics cards like the Radeon X1950XTX in Crossfire mode at 1600 x 1200, we are able to see the full performance, instead of hitting a brick wall, like we found ourselves doing on our older AMD test system.
I was personally very excited about the chance to finally move to Core 2 Duo as the X2 processor is clearly out dated now. It is clear why so many people have moved from AMD setups and jumped on the Intel bandwagon. What you have to remember is the kind of tweaking we have done is just very basic - a bit of voltage here and there and a bump in FSB and we have been able to achieve a 1GHz overclock very quick and with very little effort. People wanting to put more time into the setup of their system will see speeds in excess of 400MHz FSB without too much effort at all.
No doubt when we get new BIOSes form DFI we will try and delve further into CPU overclocking but what was achievable today can be done by anyone who has a basic knowledge of working their way around the BIOS.
We have seen our brand new Intel Core 2 Duo test system strut its stuff now in a few previous articles and we have been pleased with what it has to offer.
Keep your eyes open for more articles making full use of our new VGA test bed here at TweakTown!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Core Component Choices and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard