Overall we can clearly see that there are big gains at the lower resolution - there are also still gains at the higher resolution. The good news for our readers though is that now when we are benchmarking graphics cards like the Radeon X1950XTX in Crossfire mode at 1600 x 1200, we are able to see the full performance, instead of hitting a brick wall, like we found ourselves doing on our older AMD test system.
I was personally very excited about the chance to finally move to Core 2 Duo as the X2 processor is clearly out dated now. It is clear why so many people have moved from AMD setups and jumped on the Intel bandwagon. What you have to remember is the kind of tweaking we have done is just very basic - a bit of voltage here and there and a bump in FSB and we have been able to achieve a 1GHz overclock very quick and with very little effort. People wanting to put more time into the setup of their system will see speeds in excess of 400MHz FSB without too much effort at all.
No doubt when we get new BIOSes form DFI we will try and delve further into CPU overclocking but what was achievable today can be done by anyone who has a basic knowledge of working their way around the BIOS.
We have seen our brand new Intel Core 2 Duo test system strut its stuff now in a few previous articles and we have been pleased with what it has to offer.
Keep your eyes open for more articles making full use of our new VGA test bed here at TweakTown!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Core Component Choices and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pornhub traffic hardens when YouTube went limp during crash
- Darksiders III will be around 15+ of gameplay, HDR supported
- Rocket League to go 4K/60FPS on Xbox One X, likely crossplay
- SEGA announces Sonic franchise has shipped 800 million units
- Dynasty Warriors 8 hacks n' slashes its way onto the Switch
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam