nForce 550 Test Board
Now we are down to the value-end of the equation with the MSI K9N Neo using the nForce 550 chipset.
The MSI K9N Neo is a smaller board compared to the rest of the pack and this is to keep the price down as its not meant to cost a huge amount - it is aimed at users of the cheaper Sempron AM2 processor.
The layout is pretty reasonable considering the price range it's aimed at. The ATX power and 4-pin connectors are located between the CPU and the I/O ports, this would be a problem on the more expansive boards aimed at overclockers and enthusiasts, but this is more a value thing, not aimed at super power. The IDE port is located behind the DIMM sockets. The FDD is located at the bottom of the board below the expansion slots which is not the best place to have it.
The CPU area is extremely well done. 4 phase power is used even on the budget board, and these are cooled by alloy heatsink on the Mosfets.
The rear I/O almost resembles the K9N Plat series however it doesn't have the Firewire ports, the SPDIF out port or an extra LAN port.
Lastly we have the expansion slots - a single PCI Express x16 slot for graphics cards, two PCI Express x1 slots and three PCI slots make up the final arrangement.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail]
- Page 3 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail Continued]
- Page 4 [Test Board - DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G Lanparty]
- Page 5 [Test Board - MSI K9N SLI Platinum]
- Page 6 [Test Board - MSI K9N Platinum]
- Page 7 [Test Board - MSI K9N Neo]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit