nForce 550 Test Board
Now we are down to the value-end of the equation with the MSI K9N Neo using the nForce 550 chipset.
The MSI K9N Neo is a smaller board compared to the rest of the pack and this is to keep the price down as its not meant to cost a huge amount - it is aimed at users of the cheaper Sempron AM2 processor.
The layout is pretty reasonable considering the price range it's aimed at. The ATX power and 4-pin connectors are located between the CPU and the I/O ports, this would be a problem on the more expansive boards aimed at overclockers and enthusiasts, but this is more a value thing, not aimed at super power. The IDE port is located behind the DIMM sockets. The FDD is located at the bottom of the board below the expansion slots which is not the best place to have it.
The CPU area is extremely well done. 4 phase power is used even on the budget board, and these are cooled by alloy heatsink on the Mosfets.
The rear I/O almost resembles the K9N Plat series however it doesn't have the Firewire ports, the SPDIF out port or an extra LAN port.
Lastly we have the expansion slots - a single PCI Express x16 slot for graphics cards, two PCI Express x1 slots and three PCI slots make up the final arrangement.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail]
- Page 3 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail Continued]
- Page 4 [Test Board - DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G Lanparty]
- Page 5 [Test Board - MSI K9N SLI Platinum]
- Page 6 [Test Board - MSI K9N Platinum]
- Page 7 [Test Board - MSI K9N Neo]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM