nForce 570 Ultra Test Board
Now it's into the mid-range for nVidia's 500 series chipsets with the MSI K9N Platinum.
The layout of the K9N Platinum is almost identical to the K9N SLI Platinum, only very little has changed. The same full sized ATX form factor is used and the placement of the power connectors, IDE and FDD connectors are identical as is the CPU socket area.
The rear I/O is also identical to the K9N SLI, so we won't bother going over this again.
The slots are where the main difference is. To distinguish it from the K9N SLI platinum, the second PCI Express x16 slot is coloured yellow. This is because it does not support SLI; it only runs at x4 speeds. This is for use with multi monitor setups, not SLI. The rest of the expansion slots are identical to the K9N SLI Platinum.
The same VIA Firewire controller chip is also employed to give two Firewire ports.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail]
- Page 3 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail Continued]
- Page 4 [Test Board - DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G Lanparty]
- Page 5 [Test Board - MSI K9N SLI Platinum]
- Page 6 [Test Board - MSI K9N Platinum]
- Page 7 [Test Board - MSI K9N Neo]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 16 [Final Thoughts]