nForce 570 Ultra Test Board
Now it's into the mid-range for nVidia's 500 series chipsets with the MSI K9N Platinum.
The layout of the K9N Platinum is almost identical to the K9N SLI Platinum, only very little has changed. The same full sized ATX form factor is used and the placement of the power connectors, IDE and FDD connectors are identical as is the CPU socket area.
The rear I/O is also identical to the K9N SLI, so we won't bother going over this again.
The slots are where the main difference is. To distinguish it from the K9N SLI platinum, the second PCI Express x16 slot is coloured yellow. This is because it does not support SLI; it only runs at x4 speeds. This is for use with multi monitor setups, not SLI. The rest of the expansion slots are identical to the K9N SLI Platinum.
The same VIA Firewire controller chip is also employed to give two Firewire ports.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail]
- Page 3 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail Continued]
- Page 4 [Test Board - DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G Lanparty]
- Page 5 [Test Board - MSI K9N SLI Platinum]
- Page 6 [Test Board - MSI K9N Platinum]
- Page 7 [Test Board - MSI K9N Neo]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Nintendo R&D experimenting with new games hardware
- Halo 6 might hit 4K 60FPS
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit