nForce 570SLI Test Board
Now we look at the nForce 570SLI chipset with MSI's K9N SLI Platinum motherboard.
MSI's first motherboard on the blocks is the K9N SLI Platinum which makes use of the nForce 570SLI chipset. Layout of the board is pretty well set out for a mainstream board. The 24-pin power connector is located on the right side of the board behind the DIMM sockets with the IDE and FDD connectors. The board has only a single IDE connector like the DFI board, so you're not missing out on any extra IDE drives. The 4-pin power connector is located between the CPU retention unit and the rear I/O shield which is not the best place to put this.
Around the CPU socket, all looks good. MSI has placed a large alloy heatsink on top of the 4 phase Mosfets that supply the CPU its power, which is a nice touch. The DIMM's are also colour coded on this board - green for Channel A and orange for Channel B.
MSI has used this I/O shield layout for the last couple of boards. So it's pretty straight forward, if you have owned an MSI motherboard in the past. You have two PS/2 ports, followed by a Serial port, Firewire port and SPDIF output. On the top of the Serial, Firewire and SPDIF is a parallel port for older printers. Next to them are two USB stacks with the LAN connectors on top of each stack. Lastly are the 5 Stereo audio ports with a Toslink (optical) in port.
Now onto the expansions slots. First there are two PCI Express x16 slots which are divided slots. If you only use one graphics card, the top slot runs at full speed. If you want to add a second card, the first slots shuts down into x8 and the other PCI Express x16 slot also runs at x8 to give SLI support. Between the two x16 slots are two PCI Express x1 slots. At the bottom of the board are three PCI slots for legacy cards.
MSI adds a few extra features to their K9N SLI Platinum. One of them is the VIA VT6307 Firewire chip that provides Firewire 400 ports.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail]
- Page 3 [nForce 500 Chipsets in Detail Continued]
- Page 4 [Test Board - DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G Lanparty]
- Page 5 [Test Board - MSI K9N SLI Platinum]
- Page 6 [Test Board - MSI K9N Platinum]
- Page 7 [Test Board - MSI K9N Neo]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic: $3 million charity prize pool for Fortnite at E3 2018
- Epic invests $100 million into eSports scene for Fortnite
- NZXT announces Battle Royale H700i 'Ninja Edition' case
- PUBG performance improvements, limb penetration coming soon
- Intel and Micron reveal industry's first QLC NAND flash
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit