Kingston HyperX PC2-8000
Kingston is no stranger to us, we have enjoyed many tests and reviews in the past with this fine company and today they have come onboard to give us a sample of one of the latest modules to come off their shipping line.
Kingston has a blue allow heatspreader with the Kingston logo on the front and HyperX logo on the back. DDR-2 is also written on both sides so you know what version you are getting. The heatspreader is the same design as the one used by G.Skill that is attached with double sided heat tape and held with the metal U-Clips for security.
Kingston places a sticker on the front right of the board with the model number of the memory along with some basic info. Kingston doesn't include any timing info, for that we had to visit the Kingston site and download their datasheet.
These modules are rated to run at 1000MHz DDR using 2.2v with ratings of 5-5-5-15-1T. We managed to only get the modules to a max of 1080MHz DDR (540MHz) using 2.2v. If we went above 2.2v, memory refused to post. This was a big source of mystery for us; however, we did these tests on both AMD and Intel systems and obtained the same results. Possibly a bad batch?
A-DATA Vitesta DDR-2 800
A-DATA we have run into a couple of times in our labs. They are one of the leading OEM brands when it comes to cheap systems but they also now target the overclocking user.
A-DATA's Vitesta modules are rather unique in their colour scheme. This is the first time I can honestly say I have seen a pink memory module! The heatspreader is coloured bright pink with the A-DATA logo and Vitesta logos on both sides of the modules. The heatspreader is the same as used by both Kingston and G.Skill in terms on the clamping mechanism.
Like Kingston, A-DATA doesn't put much information on their modules in terms of technical data. There is a sticker on the front of the modules but no direct information. There was no direct information on the website either therefore we used software to find the SPD.
The timings were 5-5-5-12-2T. These modules are warranted for only 1.8v so going above this results in no warranty. We ran the modules at 2.2v which was the optimal voltage setting - we got from 800MHz DDR (400MHz) up to 1112MHz DDR (556MHz) which makes these modules quite fast for the design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Modules - Corsair and G.Skill]
- Page 3 [The Modules - OCZ and Super Talent]
- Page 4 [The Modules - Kingston and A-DATA]
- Page 5 [The Modules - SyncMAX and Team Group]
- Page 6 [The Modules - TwinMOS]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark 2.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snoop Dogg receives first copy of Spyro Reignited via drone
- First live action Pokemon Detective Pikachu trailer released
- NES Controller pre-order available for Switch Online members
- PlayStation's Black Friday Sale: $199 = 1TB PS4 + Spider-Man
- New Jump Force fighters: SSGSS Vegeta/Goku & Golden Frieza
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms