The XFX 7300GT is a very reference design but still continues to compete strongly against the X1300PRO with it clearly even beating the DDR3 model that is offered by PowerColor in some benchmarks.
If you're looking for a single slot solution that is noiseless for your home theater system and can't or don't intend to make use of something like HDMI, then the XFX 7300GT is a good option.
It would have been nice to see a DDR3 version from XFX with some mean clocks but maybe in future.
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
The Albatron is a good card but they really need to market the cooler better. It is quite a good cooler but without actually telling people about it they would simply opt for something cheaper because they would assume it's the same.
Performance is slightly up compared to the XFX thanks to the increased speeds but again the small bundle is a bit of a let down as we can see that people like Palit and ASUS are able to offer a low-end card with a game while keeping the price competitive.
Rating - 8 out of 10
While it did have an extra 128MB of DDR3 memory when compared to the Palit 7300GT DDR3 the lower memory speed just made it consistently lag behind the card although when compared to everything else before it we had a clear winner on our hands.
The only other issue with the Biostar is the availability, finding stock might be hard but if you can find one we would highly recommend that if it fits into your budget you have a look at it.
It would have been nice to see a bit more in the box which is the only reason it isn't able to score as strongly as the Palit.
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
Palit 7300GT "Sonic"
Clearly a card with a mission, the Palit 7300GT Sonic is number one in the pack today.
It wants to not only offer a decent gaming experience but it wants to offer this at a very reasonably price. Oh! And if that wasn't good enough it wants to throw in a very recent game release as well. This card clearly has all the boxes ticked when it comes to gaming on a budget - performance, price and bundle. The results really do speak for this card and it clearly says buy me - I am the best card here.
There is clearly no reason not to give this card an award as it shows that if you really want to make a good card that can cater to the low-end market, you can. Palit have impressed us an exceptional amount already and we hope we can continue to see excellent cards that are cheap like the 7300GT DDR3 but also offer exceptional performance for people willing to spend an extra few dollars like the 7900GT 512MB.
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [GeCube X1300PRO HDMI]
- Page 3 [HIS X1300 Turbo]
- Page 4 [ASUS X1300PRO Silent]
- Page 5 [PowerColor X1300PRO Bravo]
- Page 6 [XFX 7300GT]
- Page 7 [Albatron 7300GT]
- Page 8 [Biostar 7300GT]
- Page 9 [Palit 7300GT Sonic]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Serious Sam 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts on the cards]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts on the cards continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- VLC media player passes 3b downloads, headed for Switch/PS4
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media