The Motherboard in all its glory
Gigabyte has made a monster of a motherboard and has used all of the 30x30cm dimensions that the ATX specification allows.
Placement of the primary connectors is a mixed bag - quite a lot of good has come up with only a couple of sour points. The 24-pin ATX power connector along with the FDD connectors are located behind the colour coded DDR-2 memory slots on the right of the board in mid point. The 4/8-pin ATX-EPS power plug is placed right behind the LPT port, while this is better than previous places Gigabyte has located this port, it would be better near the ATX power plug. The IDE port is located at the bottom right of the board near the SATA-II ports. This is because it is not controlled by the Southbridge but more on this later.
Gigabyte has done a fantastic job on power regulation and cooling of the additional components of the motherboard itself. First off on power distribution and regulation, Gigabyte has put in a Quad 3 phase voltage system in parallel - that's 12 phases in total. To keep this sort of extreme voltage system cool, Gigabyte has put an amazing cooling system that covers the 12 phases of Mosfets, Northbridge and Southbridge with heatpipes routed through the board's circuits - not only is it effective but silent at the same time.
Gigabyte also uses a new feature called "Crazy Cool". On the back of the motherboard under the CPU socket area is a cooling device which helps keep the reserve side of the motherboard at lower temperatures. This is just yet another feature Gigabyte has added to aid in higher overclocking.
The rear I/O ports are a mixed bag of goodies. First off the two PS/2 ports colour coded purple for keyboard and green for mouse, as always. Next are two SPDIF ports, one is an RCA port and the other a Toslink (optical) port. Next to this is a single Serial port but didn't they go the way of the dodo ages ago? Above the SPDIF ports and the Serial port is a single Parallel port for older printers. Next to them are two USB towers with two ports per tower. On to top of the closest tower to the Parallel port is a single Firewire port. On the USB tower furthers from the parallel port is a RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet. Lastly are 6 colour coded Stereo Audio jacks for 7.1 channel audio output through the Intel High Definition audio.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Intel P965 vs. 975X]
- Page 3 [Specifications of Gigabyte 965P-DQ6]
- Page 4 [The Package]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard]
- Page 6 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 7 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and Sandra]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark 2.0]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen Switch isn't happening, sources at Nintendo say
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fan hurls dead crab at Super Smash Bros. Pro Player in match
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets final DLC 'The Path home'
- GIGABYTE's new AERO 15 Classic notebook is 0.74 inches thick
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)