Taking a closer look at TEAM Xtreem RAM
As we discussed in the introduction, TEAM's line of high performance memory is called Xtreem. We left the TEAM factory and moved to their R&D room where we could see how the Xtreem memory is tested along with how the memory heat spreaders are installed.
Being a specialized memory product designed for gamers and overclockers, TEAM has a special team (no pun intended) to test the Xtreem memory and make sure it is up to standard on all the latest high-end motherboards.
The employees inside the R&D room have a real nice job - all day they get to play with all the latest motherboards and then determine which memory settings work best - and just how far they can push their Xtreem memory to the limits.
We were interested to find out how a memory company installed heat spreaders on the module. In photos, here is quick summary of the operation. This is just a demonstration; the heat spreader is not actually physically being applied to the memory in this case.
The installation of the heat spreader is quite simple, as you can see. The cooler comes with double-sided tape and that is used as the adhesive to attach the head spreader to the RAM chips.
Now the memory is completely finished and is sitting in the shipping room ready and waiting to be shipped off to TEAM's customers around the world.
We hope you enjoyed this look into memory module production from start to finish. We would like to thank everyone at TEAM Group in Taiwan for making this happen including Harry and Stu.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [First Stage - Programming SMT Computer]
- Page 3 [Second Stage - Applying Solder and Initial Chips]
- Page 4 [Third Stage - Installing RAM Chips]
- Page 5 [Forth Stage - The Bakery]
- Page 6 [Fifth Stage - Examining and Testing the Memory]
- Page 7 [Close look at TEAM Xtreem Memory]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's world is always changing, says BioWare
- Battlefront II embraces the dark side and adds Count Dooku
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Sapphire launches new AMD RX 570 16GB crypto mining card
- Fallout 76 isn't going free-to-play
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 2 Launch Trailer Revealed
- Life Zero's Music Puzzler Sonar Beat Launches on PC, Mac, iOS and Android Today