Applying unleaded solder paste and the initial chips
The very first stage of RAM production is applying solder paste to the blank PCB. In recent times, there has been a call for computer companies to start using totally lead-free products and TEAM is one of the many companies to stand up and listen.
Here is a close up of what a PCB looks like without anything installed onto it.
The machine below is responsible for applying the solder paste to the PCB.
The PCB is then sent on through to the next part of the SMT line.
At this point, the SMT will begin to place all of the tiny components onto the PCB.
As we mentioned in the introduction, TEAM make use of "high-speed" SMT lines. That means they are twice as fast as regular SMT lines. Many years ago we visited other memory factories and it's amazing to see how much Japanese robotics have improved over the years, in terms of the raw speed these machines can place chips on the PCB.
With just three high-speed SMT lines, which in theory are equal to six, TEAM Group is able to produce almost one million memory modules per month.
Now that the components are installed on the PCB, the RAM chips are ready to be installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [First Stage - Programming SMT Computer]
- Page 3 [Second Stage - Applying Solder and Initial Chips]
- Page 4 [Third Stage - Installing RAM Chips]
- Page 5 [Forth Stage - The Bakery]
- Page 6 [Fifth Stage - Examining and Testing the Memory]
- Page 7 [Close look at TEAM Xtreem Memory]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Battlegrounds already has over 1 million playing on Xbox One
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series