Programming the SMT Computer
The first stage of producing a memory module is programming the SMT computer, along with collecting the appropriate chips to be installed on the PCB.
It takes around 20 - 30 minutes to setup the machines for their first test run. In that time, the factory engineers program the computer with all the different settings, calibrate the SMT line and feed the SMT line with all the chips required to produce the module.
Once the machine is setup, the next step is to do a test run. This is to ensure that the SMT computer was programmed correctly and if the SMT line if properly placing the chips on the PCB. Why go ahead and produce an entire batch of modules which may be faulty, if the machine was setup incorrectly?
Once the first quick test run is complete (just a single PCB is tested, consisting of six modules), one of the engineers will remove the PCB from the SMT line and reference it with a document. The document is used as a map to determine whether or not the computer was programmed correctly and if full production can go ahead or not.
Once the engineer is satisfied with the first test run PCB, a full production run can begin.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [First Stage - Programming SMT Computer]
- Page 3 [Second Stage - Applying Solder and Initial Chips]
- Page 4 [Third Stage - Installing RAM Chips]
- Page 5 [Forth Stage - The Bakery]
- Page 6 [Fifth Stage - Examining and Testing the Memory]
- Page 7 [Close look at TEAM Xtreem Memory]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced