Programming the SMT Computer
The first stage of producing a memory module is programming the SMT computer, along with collecting the appropriate chips to be installed on the PCB.
It takes around 20 - 30 minutes to setup the machines for their first test run. In that time, the factory engineers program the computer with all the different settings, calibrate the SMT line and feed the SMT line with all the chips required to produce the module.
Once the machine is setup, the next step is to do a test run. This is to ensure that the SMT computer was programmed correctly and if the SMT line if properly placing the chips on the PCB. Why go ahead and produce an entire batch of modules which may be faulty, if the machine was setup incorrectly?
Once the first quick test run is complete (just a single PCB is tested, consisting of six modules), one of the engineers will remove the PCB from the SMT line and reference it with a document. The document is used as a map to determine whether or not the computer was programmed correctly and if full production can go ahead or not.
Once the engineer is satisfied with the first test run PCB, a full production run can begin.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [First Stage - Programming SMT Computer]
- Page 3 [Second Stage - Applying Solder and Initial Chips]
- Page 4 [Third Stage - Installing RAM Chips]
- Page 5 [Forth Stage - The Bakery]
- Page 6 [Fifth Stage - Examining and Testing the Memory]
- Page 7 [Close look at TEAM Xtreem Memory]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit