Intel has finally stepped away from Netburst and its about time too. In the beginning it was clear that Pentium 4's architecture wasn't going to be the ultimate in CPU technology - if a 1.3GHz clocked Pentium 3 could beat it in 90% of benchmarks, AMD's K7 technology was going to be able to kill it, and it did.
Now Intel has finally gotten the idea that just because you have a higher clocked processor doesn't mean you are going to win the benchmarks, especially if the architecture driving this can't keep up with the demands.
Core Architecture is just what the PC doctor ordered, and if this could have been done instead of the Netburst architecture, AMD might not have the market share it does today.
Overall we have seen that Core Duo for mobile has proven to produce the numbers, and Core 2 for the desktop offers great performance in applications and games - it does seem like it is Intel's day to shine. If Intel's trends of adding in further additions down the line still manifests on Core Architecture we are bound to see some interesting times for the future of Core.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit