The last two weeks have been dedicated Gears 5 and Borderland 3 benchmarking time, with Gears 5 benchmarked at 8K proving that even a $2499 graphics card isn't ready for 8K gaming. But now, it's time for Gears 5 to be benchmarked and assessed at 1080p, 1440p, and 4K resolutions.
The game is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and looks really good when it's cranked up to its highest in-game settings, but even the higher-end GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and TITAN RTX barely get to 60FPS at 4K in Gears 5.
Gears 5 is the sixth entry into the series, starting out as an Xbox exclusive and slowly coming to the PC. The PC version of the game is always the best, especially when Microsoft offers up an optional high-resolution texture pack. This texture pack really shines at 4K, and crushes the souls of all GPUs at 8K.
I've got the high resolution texture pack installed, with motion blur and vertical sync both disabled.
Last updated: Oct 11, 2019 at 06:11 am CDT
- DOOM Eternal Benchmarked at 8K - Not Even The Devil Can Run This
- Borderlands 3 Benchmarked at 8K: also eats up $2499 NVIDIA TITAN RTX
- Gears 5 Benchmarked at 8K: eats up $2499 NVIDIA TITAN RTX
- Borderlands 3 Benchmarked: TITAN RTX Can't Even Hit 4K 60FPS
- Hitman 2 Benchmarked: DX12 Testing On 20 Graphics Cards