High Quality AA and AF
Our high quality tests let us separate the men from the boys and the ladies from the girls. If the cards weren't struggling before, they will start to now. ATI are able to offer HDR and AA at the same time unlike nVidia so we have ran our HQ Lost Coast test with HDR enabled to really stress the graphics cards.
All settings are listed on the graph with 3DMark05, 06 and Doom 3 running 8x AA and 16x AF. Half Life 2 Lost Cost (with HDR enabled) is at 4x AA and 16x AF.
3DMark05 AA tests show that even under these conditions at the high resolution the X1800XT and X1900GT sit very close to each other.
The X1900GT clearly slips back when moving to the intensive 3DMark06.
The only card able to offer a playable experience at these intensive settings is the X1800XT with both the X1900GT from GeCube and X1800GTO from HIS offering some pretty low frame rates.
The X1800XT clearly offers a playable result with the X1900GT being borderline and the X1800GTO being a bit to low an average which would result in a low minimum.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [GeCube X1900GT - The Packaging]
- Page 3 [GeCube X1900GT - The Card]
- Page 4 [HIS X1800GTO - The Packaging]
- Page 5 [HIS X1800GTO - The Card]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]