Firing Squad Invitational Tournament
Our good friends from the Firing Squad in North America, Dan and Lyle, held their third annual Invitational Tournament at Computex this year. This event is quite interesting in that Taiwanese manufacturers are invited and are asked to build their best system using only parts which they produce and compete for awards against other companies - they also fight each other!
OK, so they don't physically punch each other but they battled it out in Battlefield 2 and won copies of games from EA Games. Media from around the world helped judge which was the best PC in a range of different categories including "Most Overclocked", "Best Visuals", "Best Overall Performance", "Best 3D Performance" and so on.
There were plenty of high quality systems and products on display from companies such as OCZ, Gigabyte, Sapphire, DFI, ABIT, Shuttle, Cooler Master, ThermalTake and the list goes on.
Here are a bunch of photos from the event...
For a run down of which company won what during the event, check out this page at Firing Squad.
Good job guys - it was definitely a nice break from the usual rushing around during Computex!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Day 4 and 5 live coverage from the floor]
- Page 2 [VIA water and dust proof PC and more]
- Page 3 [Very confident XFX at Computex 2006]
- Page 4 [Gigabyte introduce newest I-RAM]
- Page 5 [Galaxy dual 7900GT and 7600GT]
- Page 6 [Firing Squad Invitational Tournament]
- Page 7 [DFI nForce 590 SLI AM2 motherboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Unreal is free for 2 days to celebrate its 20th anniversary
- Epic: $3 million charity prize pool for Fortnite at E3 2018
- Epic invests $100 million into eSports scene for Fortnite
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit