Firing Squad Invitational Tournament
Our good friends from the Firing Squad in North America, Dan and Lyle, held their third annual Invitational Tournament at Computex this year. This event is quite interesting in that Taiwanese manufacturers are invited and are asked to build their best system using only parts which they produce and compete for awards against other companies - they also fight each other!
OK, so they don't physically punch each other but they battled it out in Battlefield 2 and won copies of games from EA Games. Media from around the world helped judge which was the best PC in a range of different categories including "Most Overclocked", "Best Visuals", "Best Overall Performance", "Best 3D Performance" and so on.
There were plenty of high quality systems and products on display from companies such as OCZ, Gigabyte, Sapphire, DFI, ABIT, Shuttle, Cooler Master, ThermalTake and the list goes on.
Here are a bunch of photos from the event...
For a run down of which company won what during the event, check out this page at Firing Squad.
Good job guys - it was definitely a nice break from the usual rushing around during Computex!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Day 4 and 5 live coverage from the floor]
- Page 2 [VIA water and dust proof PC and more]
- Page 3 [Very confident XFX at Computex 2006]
- Page 4 [Gigabyte introduce newest I-RAM]
- Page 5 [Galaxy dual 7900GT and 7600GT]
- Page 6 [Firing Squad Invitational Tournament]
- Page 7 [DFI nForce 590 SLI AM2 motherboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's new Nintendo arcade games are too pricey
- GIVEAWAY: ADATA XPG SX950 480GB and SD700X 256GB SSDs
- GIGABYTE reveal the Z370 AORUS motherboard range
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- Ryzen 3 vs. Core i3 benched on GTX 1060/1070 & RX Vega
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- White Hot Looks, White Hot Performance - CORSAIR Launches VENGEANCE RGB White DDR4
- Phanteks introduces Eclipse P300 PC case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor