Galaxy shows "Dual Core" dual 7900GT and 7600GT cards
One of our last stops for the show was at the Galaxy booth in Hall 1. The Hong Kong based graphics card maker was showing off a bunch of graphics cards but the most exciting by far were their "Dual Core" dual GeForce 7900GT and 7600GT graphics cards.
Galaxy aren't entirely sure when the graphics cards will be ready to buy in shops but all we got was, "soon". Unfortunately it looks like SLI is not possible with these cards since there is no SLI bridge adapter on either although with some special driver tweaking you might be able to get the 7600GT firing away in SLI mode.
It was a shame we couldn't see the dual 7900GT in action, which may well suggest the card we saw is a "dummy sample" (meaning it isn't working yet) or they just choose not to demo a system. However, if you've got a high profile product like this on display and it's working properly, wouldn't you want to show it off as much as possible? Maybe they are just still working on drivers as well but we should find out soon enough as we wait for a sample to hit our labs for testing.
We aren't sure what type of cooler the dual 7900GT will require but as you can imagine, it will need some beefy type of setup to dissipate all the heat generated by both GPU's.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Day 4 and 5 live coverage from the floor]
- Page 2 [VIA water and dust proof PC and more]
- Page 3 [Very confident XFX at Computex 2006]
- Page 4 [Gigabyte introduce newest I-RAM]
- Page 5 [Galaxy dual 7900GT and 7600GT]
- Page 6 [Firing Squad Invitational Tournament]
- Page 7 [DFI nForce 590 SLI AM2 motherboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM