Installation & Setup
Switching to normal language please wait done.
The new operating system .tada! Windows XP, short for experience, is the shortly upcoming OS that everyone is waiting for. Unfortunately, XP talk is focused on product activation, and it's negative. The majority of those are gamers, being amazed by the NT kernel performance in applications. Sit tight back because we will be going through a vortex!
Let's start off with a very important sentence. "I need a super fast PC". That simply being said, lets continue. Recommendations:
650 Mhz (Higher very highly recommended)
256 MB RAM (More preferred)
NOT a 3dfx card (Nvidia preferred)
Asus or Abit Motherboard Recommended
Creative Live! Soundcard or better (Philips preferred)
My system that I installed Windows XP RC 2 (Professional 2002) on was:
Pentium 3 Coopermine 750 Mhz
Abit BE6-II Motherboard
512 SDRAM PC-133
Voodoo 3 3000 AGP Retail
Creative Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1
Microsoft Explorer 5 Buttons USB Mouse
Lots of patience er, 17' Monitor (Generic)
HP 8x/4x/32x Burner and Creative CD Ripping CD-ROM
Before I could install Windows XP RC 2, I could check my system for compatibility with the current applications installed on my computer. I did the test and a results test back, which you can see below.
After the test, I uninstalled the programs that would not be supported in Windows XP. They were:
3dfx Tools (Voodoo 3 utility)
Audio CD Mp3 Studio (CD ripping tool)
Java Plug-in 1.3.1 (Installed by Opera browser)
Liquid (Winamp plug-in)
Norton Systemworks (Including any Norton Antivirus scanner)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard