Installation & Setup
Switching to normal language please wait done.
The new operating system .tada! Windows XP, short for experience, is the shortly upcoming OS that everyone is waiting for. Unfortunately, XP talk is focused on product activation, and it's negative. The majority of those are gamers, being amazed by the NT kernel performance in applications. Sit tight back because we will be going through a vortex!
Let's start off with a very important sentence. "I need a super fast PC". That simply being said, lets continue. Recommendations:
650 Mhz (Higher very highly recommended)
256 MB RAM (More preferred)
NOT a 3dfx card (Nvidia preferred)
Asus or Abit Motherboard Recommended
Creative Live! Soundcard or better (Philips preferred)
My system that I installed Windows XP RC 2 (Professional 2002) on was:
Pentium 3 Coopermine 750 Mhz
Abit BE6-II Motherboard
512 SDRAM PC-133
Voodoo 3 3000 AGP Retail
Creative Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1
Microsoft Explorer 5 Buttons USB Mouse
Lots of patience er, 17' Monitor (Generic)
HP 8x/4x/32x Burner and Creative CD Ripping CD-ROM
Before I could install Windows XP RC 2, I could check my system for compatibility with the current applications installed on my computer. I did the test and a results test back, which you can see below.
After the test, I uninstalled the programs that would not be supported in Windows XP. They were:
3dfx Tools (Voodoo 3 utility)
Audio CD Mp3 Studio (CD ripping tool)
Java Plug-in 1.3.1 (Installed by Opera browser)
Liquid (Winamp plug-in)
Norton Systemworks (Including any Norton Antivirus scanner)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam