Installation & Setup
Switching to normal language please wait done.
The new operating system .tada! Windows XP, short for experience, is the shortly upcoming OS that everyone is waiting for. Unfortunately, XP talk is focused on product activation, and it's negative. The majority of those are gamers, being amazed by the NT kernel performance in applications. Sit tight back because we will be going through a vortex!
Let's start off with a very important sentence. "I need a super fast PC". That simply being said, lets continue. Recommendations:
650 Mhz (Higher very highly recommended)
256 MB RAM (More preferred)
NOT a 3dfx card (Nvidia preferred)
Asus or Abit Motherboard Recommended
Creative Live! Soundcard or better (Philips preferred)
My system that I installed Windows XP RC 2 (Professional 2002) on was:
Pentium 3 Coopermine 750 Mhz
Abit BE6-II Motherboard
512 SDRAM PC-133
Voodoo 3 3000 AGP Retail
Creative Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1
Microsoft Explorer 5 Buttons USB Mouse
Lots of patience er, 17' Monitor (Generic)
HP 8x/4x/32x Burner and Creative CD Ripping CD-ROM
Before I could install Windows XP RC 2, I could check my system for compatibility with the current applications installed on my computer. I did the test and a results test back, which you can see below.
After the test, I uninstalled the programs that would not be supported in Windows XP. They were:
3dfx Tools (Voodoo 3 utility)
Audio CD Mp3 Studio (CD ripping tool)
Java Plug-in 1.3.1 (Installed by Opera browser)
Liquid (Winamp plug-in)
Norton Systemworks (Including any Norton Antivirus scanner)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zombieland 2 confirmed, all actors/writers return for sequel
- AORUS announces its first PSUs, RGB is missing... for now
- Ferrari designer building $2 million electric hypercar
- Opera is the first browser with a built-in crypto wallet
- Samsung announces 8Gb LPDDR5, ready for the world of 5G/AI
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit