Installation & Setup
Switching to normal language please wait done.
The new operating system .tada! Windows XP, short for experience, is the shortly upcoming OS that everyone is waiting for. Unfortunately, XP talk is focused on product activation, and it's negative. The majority of those are gamers, being amazed by the NT kernel performance in applications. Sit tight back because we will be going through a vortex!
Let's start off with a very important sentence. "I need a super fast PC". That simply being said, lets continue. Recommendations:
650 Mhz (Higher very highly recommended)
256 MB RAM (More preferred)
NOT a 3dfx card (Nvidia preferred)
Asus or Abit Motherboard Recommended
Creative Live! Soundcard or better (Philips preferred)
My system that I installed Windows XP RC 2 (Professional 2002) on was:
Pentium 3 Coopermine 750 Mhz
Abit BE6-II Motherboard
512 SDRAM PC-133
Voodoo 3 3000 AGP Retail
Creative Soundblaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1
Microsoft Explorer 5 Buttons USB Mouse
Lots of patience er, 17' Monitor (Generic)
HP 8x/4x/32x Burner and Creative CD Ripping CD-ROM
Before I could install Windows XP RC 2, I could check my system for compatibility with the current applications installed on my computer. I did the test and a results test back, which you can see below.
After the test, I uninstalled the programs that would not be supported in Windows XP. They were:
3dfx Tools (Voodoo 3 utility)
Audio CD Mp3 Studio (CD ripping tool)
Java Plug-in 1.3.1 (Installed by Opera browser)
Liquid (Winamp plug-in)
Norton Systemworks (Including any Norton Antivirus scanner)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- ARK on Xbox One X: renders at 1440p 30FPS or 1080p 60FPS
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz