PlayStation VR 2.0
This is what we don't know much about -- Sony's plans with a follow-up to the first-gen PlayStation VR. I would expect with the largest jump in horsepower to a PlayStation ever, that Sony would have plans to launch a next generation PSVR 2.0 headset side-by-side with its new PS5 console.
We should expect a radically higher resolution display, wider field-of-view, much higher refresh rate, new technologies and sensors, improvements in weight and quality, and more. The original PSVR was somewhat of a comfortable VR headset, but it wasn't perfect. Technologically it lacked so much that the high-end VR experience has on the PC, something I don't think will be a problem with a new PSVR 2.0 headset.
We'll have more on this as it happens, and update this page specifically.
- Page 1 [Introduction To The PlayStation 5]
- Page 2 [PS5 - Custom AMD Zen 2 CPU on 7nm]
- Page 3 [PS5 - Custom AMD Navi GPU on 7nm]
- Page 4 [PS5 - Gaming Changing Storage Tech]
- Page 5 [PS5 - First Console With 8K Support]
- Page 6 [PS5 - Next-Gen 3D Audio]
- Page 7 [PS5 - Backwards Compatible With PS4 Games]
- Page 8 [PS5 - Launch Games]
- Page 9 [PS5 - PlayStation VR 2.0]
- Page 10 [There's More To Come]