The First Ever Console With 8K Support
We definitely know that Sony will be sprinkling in some truly next-gen 8K support into the PlayStation 5, with system architect Mark Cerny confirming the news with Wired recently. Remember that the PS5 will launch sometime in 2020 which is when 8K will be much more popular, and more TVs will be on the market forcing the price down to more affordable levels.
Hell, Sony even has its own 98-inch 8K monster TV that it sells for $70,000 -- something I said was perfect for the PlayStation 5.
The problem is that during Cerny's chat with Wired the only words in that piece that talk about 8K is that Wired states "while the next-gen console will support 8K graphics, TVs that deliver it are few and far between". Yeah, but in the years that the PS5 is here -- 2020 through to 2025 -- 8K will be an actual thing by then. I don't think we'll see 8K 60FPS out of the PS5, but 8K upscaling at 30FPS in some games? Sure. 8K videos? Definitely.
- Page 1 [Introduction To The PlayStation 5]
- Page 2 [PS5 - Custom AMD Zen 2 CPU on 7nm]
- Page 3 [PS5 - Custom AMD Navi GPU on 7nm]
- Page 4 [PS5 - Gaming Changing Storage Tech]
- Page 5 [PS5 - First Console With 8K Support]
- Page 6 [PS5 - Next-Gen 3D Audio]
- Page 7 [PS5 - Backwards Compatible With PS4 Games]
- Page 8 [PS5 - Launch Games]
- Page 9 [PS5 - PlayStation VR 2.0]
- Page 10 [There's More To Come]