As I said in the opening of this article, NVIDIA's new DLSS technology is one of my most anticipated for Team Green this year and into the future. We're looking at a 40% performance gain for similar, and most of the time better looking graphics. If the performance gain was 5-10% then this would be a different story, but a 40% gain is something people spend hundreds, and sometimes thousands of dollars to achieve.
DLSS is something that badly optimized games like PUBG (at least at launch and for nearly a year after) will benefit from the most, the same goes for new AAA titles that push graphics to the boundaries but can't run on current-gen hardware. We could see NVIDIA step in with DLSS and hit performance numbers that are otherwise reserved for spending much more money on a graphics card upgrade.
The thing to remember here is that it is just 3DMark and a specific RTX-based test and then even more so that it's a DLSS specific feature test. This is not indicative of real-world gaming performance, but it is in line with what NVIDIA promised during the big Turing/GeForce RTX unveiling last October. We need something to test DLSS and now we have it - even though it's a run-once-and-forget-it type of deal... we now have our own data to check out.
What do you guys think of the DLSS feature test? Have you got a GeForce RTX card and run it yourself? What do you think of DLSS as a technology? Are you waiting for support in Battlefield V, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, ARK, or any other games? Let us know in the comments below.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bungie: Activision let us do awesome things with Destiny
- Disney+ includes free 4K streaming, supports 4 simultaneous streams
- Bandai Namco: Epic Store exclusivity isn't our vision
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie announced, drops October 11 on Netflix
- The best destruction physics in a game EVER, also features ray tracing
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best