Even with the power of the AMD Athlon X2 and Intel Extreme Edition processors, we still find ourselves hitting a CPU limitation in a lot of our benchmarks. That is, the graphics cards have more performance to give but the processor is letting the team down.
By overclocking the processor we can see what kind of a performance increase we get. When something isn't CPU limited the performance increase isn't all that major but when we do have a CPU bottleneck, every MHz extra we can get can show us an excellent jump in performance.
The Athlon FX-60 was increased from 2.6GHz to 2.9GHz with a slight increase in the front side bus utilizing the stock X2 heatsink fan.
While we easily got the processor up to 2.9GHz, you can see that it gives a very little performance increase in 3DMark03.
3DMark05 which is more intensive then 03 begins to see a greater increase in performance when comparing the stock speed and the overclocked speed.
With 06 again being an intensive benchmark it really sees a bump in performance for both the low and high resolution when it comes to overclocking the processor.
Finally we leave with a real world benchmark and the CPU overclock giving us a serious performance increase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fire Emblem Heroes makes 72% of Nintendo's mobile revenue
- Obsidian excited about Game Pass, wants to redefine RPGs
- Xbox head: Streaming won't be best way to play for a while
- PUBG coming to PS4 this December for $30
- Snoop Dogg receives first copy of Spyro Reignited via drone
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms