Asustor bringing NAS back to basics with 10-Gigabit Ethernet is a strong selling point for this system. Many shoppers want a NAS to store data and want to have access to it at very high speeds. I talk to a lot of people that shop for NAS specifically has a 10-gigabit connectivity at an affordable price. For many, $700+ is not affordable after you tack on the cost of drives.
HDMI multimedia output is a really nice feature, but it's not required for most users. Many of these systems sit on a shelf, or in a closet where there isn't even a home theater to connect it to. I don't want to see the direct-attached multimedia features stripped out of every NAS, but products like the AS4004T strike the perfect balance between features and affordability.
Asustor didn't strip the most innovative features of this system. The golden features are all in the software stack where the company continues to develop new functions at a rigorous pace. Just prior to our review, Asustor launches EZconnect.to and EZ Sync. The former allows users to connect to the NAS from a remote location, like your mobile phone away from your home network. EZ Sync will synchronize files between your host system and the NAS. The NAS and the host machine don't have to be on the same network. Just imagine having a low-cost cloud-connected backup that is virtually unlimited in space without paying the high AWS fees. These are just two of the hundreds of features found in ADM 3.2, Asustor's latest operating system designed for easy setup and integration.
The Asustor AS4004T sells for less than $400 and is the lowest cost 10-gigabit enabled NAS we've tested. Asustor cut a few corners, mainly trimming the IO fat, to get the cost down but every key storage feature remains. This isn't a system for running your virtual machines from, but if your key use is storing files, the AS4004T is a great choice for your home or small office.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Asustor AS4004T Low-Cost 10GbE NAS retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Asustor AS4004T Low-Cost 10GbE NAS retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo adds 3 new NES Games to Switch Online service
- Super Smash Bros. UItimate patch 'next week', kills replays
- Noise complaint results in cops battling in Smash Ultimate
- The Game Awards 2018 viewership doubled over last year
- Smash Bros. Ultimate sales reach 1.3 million units in Japan
- Next Skin Serum Reviews: Price, Shark Tank and Where to Buy
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender