It is clear that the battle between AMD and Intel is at a hot point. Intel is still hurting with its losses to AMD over the Athlon vs. Pentium battles and not only does it have to fight this one, but now it has a competitor for the value segment, the AMD Sempron.
Intel's value market was unchallenged for some time with the demise of Duron, but now it's starting to show again that AMD can put its muscle into both high-end and value segments, and still give the users what they want.
Overall the Sempron proved itself to be the better CPU, while lagging behind in the encoding and synthetic segments, when it starts to put its K8 architecture behind games, it's clearly the winner overall.
Today we have shown what budget can do and what both companies have on offer. Hopefully we will see the Sempron evolve to include some of the higher functions like DDR-2 later on this year and give Intel something more to worry about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard