8K Resolution Explained
Beyond 4K 120Hz and 144Hz gaming is 8K with 4x the amount of pixels of a 4K display, the native resolution of 7680 x 4320 might not seem like much in numbers but the jump from 1080p to 4K and then 4K to 8K is 16x. Yes... 8K is rendering 16x the pixels of 1080p. 4K is big leap from 1080p with 4x the pixels, but the leap to 8K is astounding.
As you can see from the image above, 8K really blows away everything else, even 4K. It makes 1080p look like nothing, and everything under 1080p becomes literally nothing compared to the sheer amount of pixels that 7680x4320 provides. We're looking at 33 million pixels, compared to just 2 million from 1080p and 8.2 million from 4K.
- 480p - 720x480 - 345,600 pixels
- 720p - 1280x720 - 921,600 pixels
- 1080p - 1920x1080 - 2,073,600 pixels
- 1440p - 2560x1440 - 3,686,400 pixels
- 4K - 3840x2160 - 8,294,400 pixels
- 8K - 7680x4320 - 33,177,600 pixels
Now, trying to run games at 33 million pixels at 60 frames per second... that's something we haven't even been close to with graphics cards until NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. Not the RTX 2080, but the beefed-up RTX 2080 Ti. It's the only card close to delivering Ultra graphics on new games at 8K and close to 60FPS. We have some benchmarks of some games we benchmarked, with some really amazing results.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.