Should You Buy RTX 2080 Ti NVLink?
This is going to be a hard question, but it's something with an easy answer: no, no you should NOT buy GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics cards in NVLink. Are you crazy? That's $2400... the cost of an entire gaming PC with a single RTX 2080 Ti inside.
But... holy sh*t are two GeForce RTX 2080 Ti cards in NVLink a powerful combo when you have a game that has good to great multi-GPU scaling. An example is Shadow of the Tomb Raider cranking along at 126FPS average on the RTX 2080 Ti NVLink configuration. That is just... I don't even know what to say. We finally have a graphics card combo capable of 4K 120FPS gaming and no one seems to care.
Everyone is crying that there's no RTX games and DLSS available yet, but as I've said since my RTX 2080 Ti review - if you want pure performance, RTX 2080 Ti is the next level. RTX 2080 Ti in NVLink is even better, with some great scaling in games really pushing the limits of what was the previous ceiling.
This is why I don't recommend any multi-GPU system. There are more problems than they're worth, with not many games supporting SLI through to scaling issues and general technical issues. But when it works... holy balls you better be strapped to your seat... because 1440p and 4K games will never run better.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Turing: NVLink Multi-GPU Tech]
- Page 3 [Up Close: NVLink Bridge]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 10 [Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Unlocked: 4K 120FPS Gaming]
- Page 12 [Should You Buy RTX 2080 Ti NVLink?]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intellivision's new $150 console has online store, new games
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct