4K 120FPS Gaming Is Now A Reality
These results are literally mind blowing.
I thought that the single GeForce RTX 2080 Ti on its own was impressive, but when you put two of them together through NVLink and really push the card - 4K minimum, you get some out-of-this-world performance. We're talking beyond 4K 120FPS, which is perfect for the Big Format Gaming Display and new flock of 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync monitors from Acer and ASUS.
Seriously, if you have a game that is SLI ready you're going to have a rocking time with the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics cards in NVLink. There are great looking games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider that reach levels of performance that are simply impossible on any other graphics card setup in the world.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider stands out as one of the latest games released, and it is one of the best-looking of the year, with incredible NVLink scaling on the RTX series cards. GeForce RTX 2080 Ti in NVLink provides a huge 126FPS average at 4K, a massive 94% increase over a singel RTX 2080 Ti that pumps out 65FPS.
Normally 65FPS at 4K would be something worth bragging about as you've reached the 'holy grail' of 4K 60FPS gaming, but 65FPS is nothing against 126FPS average. Especially for NVIDIA's upcoming BFGD TVs that offer 65-inch 4K 120Hz HDR G-Sync as well as the new 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync gaming monitors that are now available.
Rainbow Six Siege is another game that has some magic inside of it under Turing, with next to no scaling between the Pascal-based GTX 10 series and TITAN Xp graphics card, but some truly unbelievable results with the RTX series cards. We're talking improvements of beyond 100% with the RTX 2080 Ti NVLink setup being 76% faster than a single RTX 2080 Ti, and a huge 172% increase over TITAN Xp in SLI (which cost the same $2400 as the RTX 2080 Ti cards do at $2400 total).
Shadow of War has some great scaling at 4K and multi-GPU setups, with the RTX 2080 Ti NVLink combination pushing an incredible 124FPS average at 4K, compared to the 81FPS on a single RTX 2080 Ti and to put things into perspective - 57FPS on a single GTX 1080 Ti. We're talking over double the performance from a single GTX 1080 Ti, and another 43FPS over a single RTX 2080 Ti.
Absolutely incredible results, putting TITAN Xp and RX Vega 64 CF to shame... nothing competes with RTX 2080 Ti in NVLink. The previous $2400 cost of two TITAN Xp cards is completely dethroned at the same price with huge gains in performance.
I mean, look at the minimum FPS on the RTX 2080 Ti NVLink scores... just phenomenal.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider @ 4K: 112FPS minimum and 126FPS average. Wow. Compare this to the single RTX 2080 Ti with 58FPS minimum, or the GTX 1080 Ti with 41FPS minimum. RTX 2080 Ti has 173% higher minimum FPS. Insane.
Note: Don't worry about the lack of minimum FPS on Shadow of the Tomb Raider with the NVLink setup, there are some bugs like this where the game doesn't report a minimum FPS in the benchmark results. We're working on this now and will have updates in the next batch of benchmark results. The minimum is still very high we just don't have the exact numbers on some of the cards. There are anomolies like the TITAN Xp and TITAN Xp in SLI which both for whatever reason show minimum FPS.
Note: The same goes for Rainbow Six Siege where there is ZERO multi-GPU scaling with Pascal-based cards, and PERFECT multi-GPU scaling on Turing. Those results are just mind blowing. I ran those so many times to make sure there wasn't a mistake. Incredible stuff.
Also Unlocked: 3440x1440 Performance
3440x1440 performance is also completely unlocked. GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and TITAN Xp in SLI both did some seriously good work at the 21:9 aspect ratio gaming monitor res, but the RTX 2080 Ti dominates there as well.
If we look at Rainbow Six Siege at 3440x1440 on the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti in NVLink we're looking at an out-of-this-world 263FPS average, compared to the 158FPS average of the single RTX 2080 Ti. This represents an increase of 66%.
Funnily enough the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is capable of 92FPS average at 3440x1440 in Rainbow Six Siege, meaning the RTX 2080 Ti is 72% faster than the GTX 1080 Ti while RTX 2080 Ti cards in NVLink are a how-is-it-this-good 185% better. Wowowow.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Turing: NVLink Multi-GPU Tech]
- Page 3 [Up Close: NVLink Bridge]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 10 [Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Unlocked: 4K 120FPS Gaming]
- Page 12 [Should You Buy RTX 2080 Ti NVLink?]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Sapphire launches new AMD RX 570 16GB crypto mining card
- Fallout 76 isn't going free-to-play
- Anthem microtransactions detailed
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25