F1 2018 Engine & SLI Support
F1 2018 has a great built-in benchmark that lets you get results in repeatable fashion as I tried running the various tests 3-5 times over to see if the averages would change, and if they did it was by 1-2FPS max. At the highest 8K resolution benchmark, the results were spot on every time.
I chose to run the Australia track with heavy rain enabled, with a 3-lap run of the benchmark with the FPS counter displayed. I tried other benchmark runs with different cities and weather, with the clear skies option seeing a 3-5% performance improvement. The detailed weather animation is much harder on the system, so I kept that enabled for all testing.
F1 2018 has an official SLI profile from NVIDIA inside of their latest GeForce 399.07 WHQL drivers, so I ran the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti in SLI as well as the higher-end TITAN Xp cards in SLI. AMD has no CrossFire profile for F1 2018, so multi-GPU testing with the RX 500 and RX Vega series did not take place. This is the reason why there are no AMD cards in the SLI benchmarks.
I did however test the Radeon RX 570, RX 580, RX Vega 56, RX Vega 64 and RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled Edition graphics cards in F1 2018 at 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 3840x2160, and 3440x1440 - with those results coming very soon. We also tested all of these cards, including all of the cards you see in the benchmarks on our current GPU test bed specs: an Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5GHz, while our other CPU is the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X. These results are right around the corner... for now, 7680x4320.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bungie: Activision let us do awesome things with Destiny
- Disney+ includes free 4K streaming, supports 4 simultaneous streams
- Bandai Namco: Epic Store exclusivity isn't our vision
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie announced, drops October 11 on Netflix
- The best destruction physics in a game EVER, also features ray tracing
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best