This isn't the final version of Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, so I'm not going to put 100% faith behind the performance we're seeing here. This is merely a 'hey check this out' article for what should be one of the hottest games of next month.
AMD had its new Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1 drivers out for testing at the time, while we ran NVIDIA's latest GeForce 390.77 WHQL drivers which didn't pack any Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition support or enhancements. Our friends over at GamersNexus did a great deep dive (as usual guys, keep it up!) which explains some of the performance anomalies associated with NVIDIA's included GameWorks technology which is run by default on GeForce graphics cards when FFXV Windows Edition is run on the High Quality visual setting.
You'll need a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti or TITAN Xp to hit 4K 60FPS, or even close, in Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition. AMD can't hold a candle to NVIDIA in this game right now, as their flagship Radeon RX Vega 64 isn't even up to scratch with its whizz-bang HBM2 tech.
NVIDIA's huge $1200 graphics card in the TITAN Xp can handle everything you throw at it, but we'll reserve judgment for the best graphics card for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition when the full version of the game launches on March 6.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new game service is like Game Pass
- Sekiro mod engine paves the way for expansive mods
- Sean Murray gives rare talk on No Man's Sky's triumphs, woes
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced